This exciting program is designed to give students a taste of life as a university student in the USA. The course includes lectures, discussions and tutorial sessions delivered by university lecturers.
American University Taster Program
in New York
About the program
There are 9 hours of English lessons and 6 hours of university-style lectures per week.
- Available at: New York
- Maximum class size: 15
- Minimum entry level: Intermediate
- Duration: 1–5 weeks (1 week bookings accepted for 5 July and 2 August only)
- Start dates: 5, 12, 19, 26 July; 2 August 2017
- Arrival/departure day: Wednesday arrive/ Tuesday depart
- Course ends: 8 August 2017
- Age range: 14–17
What's included in the price:
- 15 hours of English lessons and lectures per week
- Weekly study skills lecture
- University visit each week
- Full-board residential accommodation
- Welcome party and orientation
- Placement test and regular progress tests
- 24-hour supervision from trained staff
- Full programme of on-site evening activities per week
- Two full-day excursions per week, including entrance fee
- End-of-course certificate
Designed to give teenagers a taste of life as a US university student through lectures, discussions and tutorial sessions, combined with English lessons.
Students also visit famous US universities such as Princeton and Columbia.
Please note: this program is subject to minimum student numbers in order to run.